Does the quickly approaching end of the semester have you stressed? We know that this point in the semester can be very hectic, with papers and projects coming due, and finals rapidly approaching. We want to see you succeed, so we’ve rounded up resources at the College to help you survive (and thrive) these last two weeks. The LLRC even has extended hours to help you succeed!
Academics: Support at the Library & Learning Resource Center
- Resources for research: Books, periodicals, and article databases are available through the Library, which you can find here. Librarians are also available to assist you in your research. Not near a computer? They have an app! You can also text a librarian—simply text “Cypress” to 66746.
- Computers: Both the Library and Learning Resource Center have desktop computers, and the library has laptops that you can check out as well.
- Math Learning Center: Need help with a problem in math, stats, or physics? Go here! They have tutors available for questions, as well as computers for online math work.
- English Success Center: Having problems with a specific part of a paper, or need formatting assistance? They can help, and have computers available for research and writing as well.
- Individual tutoring: It is available in several subjects, including English. Tutors can work with you on research papers. See how to make an appointment. Not on campus? Online tutoring is available! Click here for details.
Supplies and Food: Associated Students Finals Fuel
- Supplies: The Associated Students will have those items vital for your exams- They will be handing out Scantrons, Blue Books, and pencils!
- Food: A.S. will have snacks as well, so you can grab a quick bite to keep you fueled!
- Finals Fuel will be Monday, May 22nd & Tuesday, May 23rd from 11:30 am- 1:00 p.m. outside the Student Activities Center.
Stress Relief: Resources through the Student Health Center and LLRC
- Health Journeys Online Resources: Download tools to help reduce stress and get you through finals here. These resources have been made available by the Student Health Center via the CCCCO.
- Chill Zone: Relax your mind doing puzzles, filling out coloring books, or making buttons!
- Guided meditation: Stop by the second floor classroom in the LLRC on Tuesday, May 16 or Thursday, May 18 from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Raffle: The LLRC will give out colored pencils, coloring books, and more to help relieve stress, Thursday, May 18 from 3 to 5 p.m.
- After-hours cart: At the College, in the evening hours, there will be a self-serve cart full of items to help alleviate stress.