Cypress College Foundation
"Helping students achieve their dreams!"
Since its inception, the Foundation has raised nearly $3 million
in support of the college. Over the years that support has included:
- Student scholarships
- Book loans*
- Department grants
- Major equipment purchases
- Comprehensive renovation of the Mortuary Science building
- and more . . .
*The Cypress College Foundation is able to offer interest-free short-term loans to assist with paying for textbooks. To be considered for a book loan:
- You must have completed at least 3 units at Cypress College to qualify for a book loan.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- You must NOT have previously been late in repaying a loan from the Foundation or defaulted on a loan from the Foundation or any other campus organization.
- Excessive academic holds or class withdrawals will be sufficient reason to deny a book loan.
- The loan must be repaid during the same semester.
Submit an application via our book loan portal
to be eligible to receive a loan. The Foundation office will respond to your application via email within two business days. If approved, you will be required to come to the Foundation Office to fill out a promissory note and go over the terms of the loan.
The Americana Awards Banquet is the college's signature event, and one of Orange County's most prestigious. The event is held each spring in the Disneyland Hotel's Grand Ballroom. Among those honored in the past are Gene Autry, Carl Karcher, Marion Knott, Bishop Jamie Soto, Vince Ferragamo, Mark Chapin Johnson, and Bill Medley. Approximately 600 guests attend.
Since 2001, the Americana Awards have generated more than $1 million in revenue for Cypress College.
Learn more about Americana on the Americana Awards page.