The Cypress College Library offers a variety of electronic databases.
Journals and Magazines
- EBSCOhost “Academic Search Complete” and “MasterFILE Complete”
Selected full-text articles from scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers.
*Click here for directions on clustering multiple databases.
- EBSCOhost Mobile: Smartphone app
- CINAHL Plus
Journals from the fields of nursing and allied health.
*Click here for directions on clustering multiple health science databases.
- Database of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) – online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals
- Newspaper Source Plus (EBSCOhost) Includes more than 860 full-text newspapers, providing you with full-text articles, television and radio news transcripts.
- ProQuest: New York Times Historical (1851 – 2008)
- US Newsstream (ProQuest) Full-text local, regional, and national news coverage from major sources including the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Newsday, and Chicago Tribune. Also features wires, broadcast transcripts, blogs and more.
- Web News (EBSCOhost)
Up-to-date news and information on each of the recognized countries of the world.
- CQ Researcher
In-depth, non-biased analysis on current political and social issues. Regular reports include topics in international affairs, education, the environment, and much more.
- Films on Demand
Access to thousands of video titles in a variety of disciplines.
- Gale: Literary Sources
Full-text journal articles, literary criticism, reviews, biographical information, and overviews on over 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
*Note: to retrieve articles you’ve emailed from the Lit. Resource Ctr. database, use the password: pacifico
- Gale: Virtual Reference Library
A database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- Gun Regulation and Legislation in America (HeinOnline)
This new HeinOnline collection brings together more than 500 titles dealing with this difficult and important topic. Included are periodicals, key compiled federal legislative histories, relevant congressional hearings, CRS Reports, Supreme Court briefs, and more.
- Nexis Uni Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
- Opposing Viewpoints
A one-stop source for information on social issues. You can access viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to web sites, and full-text magazines and newspaper articles.
- Salem Press
Salem Press references materials in the field of history, literature, and science.
- Science Online
Science: 1997-current issue and ScienceNOW
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law (HeinOnline)
This HeinOnline collection brings together a multitude of essential legal materials on slavery in the United States and the English-speaking world.
Comprehensive MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian style bibliography/works cited tool.