The Cypress College Library offers a variety of electronic databases.
Journals and Magazines
- EBSCOhost “Academic Search Premier” and “MasterFILE Premier”
Selected full-text articles from scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers.
*Click here for directions on clustering multiple databases.
- EBSCOhost Mobile: Smartphone app
- CINAHL Plus
Journals from the fields of nursing and allied health.
*Click here for directions on clustering multiple health science databases.
- Nexis Uni Features more than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
- ProQuest: New York Times Historical (1851 – 2008)
- US Newsstream (ProQuest) Full-text local, regional, and national news coverage from major sources including the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Newsday, and Chicago Tribune. Also features wires, broadcast transcripts, blogs and more.
- Opposing Viewpoints
A one-stop source for information on social issues. You can access viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to web sites, and full-text magazines and newspaper articles.
- CQ Researcher
In-depth, non-biased analysis on current political and social issues. Regular reports include topics in international affairs, education, the environment, and much more.
Up-to-date news and information on each of the recognized countries of the world.
- Films on Demand
Access to thousands of video titles in a variety of disciplines.
- Gale: Literary Sources
Full-text journal articles, literary criticism, reviews, biographical information, and overviews on over 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
*Note: to retrieve articles you’ve emailed from the Lit. Resource Ctr. database, use the password: pacifico
- Gale: Virtual Reference Library
A database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- Salem Press
Salem Press references materials in the field of history, literature, and science.
- EBSCOhost: Auto Repair Reference Center
Auto repair information, care and repair tips, and troubleshooting resources.
- Science Online
Science: 1997-current issue and ScienceNOW
Comprehensive MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian style bibliography/works cited tool.