English 103 Online
This course is designed to develop critical thinking, reading and writing skills beyond the level achieved in ENG 100 C. The course will focus on the development of logical reasoning and analytical and argumentative writing skills.
Online Course Requirements
All students should be adept at sending and receiving e-mail, browsing the Internet, opening and saving Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat files and cutting and pasting documents. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Generate and explicate original ideas on both enduring and contemporary topics
- Support claims using logic and effective research
- Apply critical thinking skills to both the reading and writing process
- Identify and avoid using logical fallacies in both verbal and written discourse
- Use MLA documentation both parenthetically and when creating a works cited page
Tips for Online Success
Successful online students are independent, self-motivated, willing to learn in isolation, wiling to ask questions as soon as questions arise, good with written instructions, good at expressing themselves in writing and aware of technology as both a convenience and a barrier.
The most important consistent behavior that will create the best opportunity for success in this course is communication. Any concerns or questions about course expectations, assignments, tests and grades should be directed to me immediately.