Welcome to a new experience in learning. Learn for change.
I believe that ideally education is a process of opening many doors and walking through them; of not accepting dogma or belief that imprisons or limits us; of learning that that which is essentially universal is human and that the human is universal. A fine teacher invites our minds to open, helps us connect with the heart, re-introduces us to the power of the imagination, which must be employed to do good to humankind, regardless of race, religion, caste, and creed....Additionally, learning must be creative and holistic, to develop a person's full potential, to raise consciousness of each person's unique virtues, and to contribute wellness to the world.
Note the words of Woodrow Wilson, "You are not here to merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if your forget the errand."
Introduction: I have taught in the English department for a number of years now. Classes include Engl. 60, Engl. 100, Engl. 103, Engl. 125, Engl. 247/97, and others. I have also led with another instructor a Study Abroad to Rome, Italy (now one of my favorite places in the world).
During my early years here, I set up an Environmental Task Force, ran a poetry club and published collections of student poems. The collection was titled, PETYLS.
I am currently involved with the Honors Society Club with Prof. R. Armale and also with the Purpose Group, a student club created as a gathering for students to discuss and refine their purpose. As you know, we are now at a critical time when we must not only think outside the box, but also practice being outside the box, for only then can we contine to be inspired and to inspire others. For then we live creatively.
Yes, I am a poet, a painter, a practitioner of holism, which also informs how I do what I do. Know that life is bigger than you may realize.
My Most Recent Accomplishments:
- Completed sabbatical Spring 2013/2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gs6Pgo-vI0&list=UU_ThlpyULzgGaryecucwkng
- Attended Great Teacher's Seminar in Santa Barbara, California ~ August 2014
- Presented at Peace & Justice Studies Association Conference in San Diego ~ October 2014
- Published essay on peace education in Journal of Indian Research ~ January 2014
- Published story on Himalayan experience in Journal of Indian Research ~ October 2014
- Read at various poetry readings in Orange and Los Angeles Counties.
- Published essay on Wellness in NAMAH Journal, Pondicherry, India ~ December 2013
- Published essay on creativity in Radiance Magazine in Orange County - November 2013.
- Presented at International Education Conference in New Delhi on Peace Education ~ January 2012
Imagine it. Know it. Become that which you might not have even realized. Being at this college is just one step.
Thank you. Look forward to our learning experience.
STUDENTS! PLEASE NOTE. Email me only at -- email@example.com