STEP 2: ASSESSMENT
Checklist for Assessment:
- After your application has been submitted, please wait 2-3 business days for your application to process.
- Wait until you receive an e-mail with your student ID number (Student ID's are an @+ 8 digit number). While you wait, please look over the sample questions which are available by clicking Sample Assessment Questions or select from the menu on the left.
- Please come in with your ID number, photo ID (i.e., Driver's License, high school ID, passport, green card), and pencil.
The placement tests available at the Assessment Center measure your skill levels in English and math to help you make the best educational choices.
|Testing is necessary for a first time|
student if there are no previous records.
If you have tested at another California Community College, please bring your Assessment results to the Cypress College Assessment Center.
If you have math and/or English classes completed with a passing grade at another Accredited Community College or University, please bring your transcripts to the Cypress College Assessment Center.
When you take the assessment, it is important that you take it seriously, are adequately prepared, and do the very best that you can. Once you have remained in a course long enough for a grade, or a "W" to register on your transcript if you were to drop a class, you are locked into the sequence and will not be allowed to retake the assessment test to skip a level.
- This form is for new and returning students who need to complete Priority Registration requirements.
- Use this form if you have earned an AA degree or higher, or have completed the Math and English assessment requirements.