The Mathematics department of Cypress College is dedicated to providing each student with an education in the field that stresses high quality instruction, combined with a knowledgeable faculty that provides a dynamic and supportive atmosphere along with the mentoring of their students through a "hands-on" approach to instruction.
Our faculty and staff have dedicated themselves to providing students with the skills they need, whether they are working to meet professional goals, earn an AA or AS degree, or plan on transferring to a 4-year university.
- a full range of mathematics courses
- Supplemental Instruction in numerous courses
- the use of computer aided instruction -- such as MyMathLab
- the provision of a Math Learning Center where students may receive additional assistance
- the sponsoring of an on-campus Math Club which competes twice a year in a competition hosted by the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges Student Mathematics League
Our department offers classes both throughout the day, and in the evenings. Classes are typically no more than 35 students, providing a low teacher-to-student ratio and increasing direct access to instructors. We offer Trigonometry, College Algebra and Intermediate Algebra in an online format.
Our students have an exceptional rate of transfer to and success in UC system schools and other 4-year universities and colleges.