APPLICATION FILING PERIOD FOR SUMMER 2019 DEGREES & CERTIFICATES:
MONDAY, APRIL 29TH THROUGH THURSDAY, JUNE 13TH, 2019
IGETC/CSU CERTIFICATIONS ARE ALWAYS ACCEPTED
When you believe you are ready to transfer, you may want to consider applying for CSU or IGETC certification. Certification is verification of the general education classes that you’ve taken, so that once you transfer, you won’t have to retake those classes. CSU and CSU IGETC certification are geared toward transferring to CSUs and UC IGETC certification is geared toward transferring to UCs.
Cypress College offers certificates, associate degrees, and one bachelor degree (in Funeral Services).
Graduation requirements for the associate degree are prescribed by the California Community Colleges Board of Governors and the NOCCCD Board of Trustees.
- Please carefully review the college catalog for complete information on graduation and educational options.
- Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to help identify educational objectives and develop an educational plan.
- Visit the Transfer Center for detailed information on all degrees/certificates, CSU Checksheets, IGETC Checksheets and General Education Plans.
Below is a brief summary of your educational options:
Click on the links to download the applications.
Transfer programs include course work in an academic area, general education requirements, and elective work for transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution.
This degree is designed for students who desire an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science with an occupational major.
The General Studies Degree is designed for individuals who desire an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree with a broad general education background. Students must have catalog rights of 2007-2008 or prior for this option.
Are you interested in increased productivity or gaining specialized training? We offer certificates.
An associate degree may be earned upon satisfactory completion of all of the following:
- English and math placement testing or equivalent.
- One of the three associate degree options.
- A minimum of 60 units of degree-eligible general education, major, and elective course work at one or more regionally accredited institutions.
- A total of 12 units completed at Cypress College.
Your graduation application must be submitted to the Admissions & Records office.