- This event has passed.
2018-2019 APIA Scholarship Deadline
Asian Pacific Islander Faculty Staff Association (APIA) seeks to recognize outstanding students who exemplify the spirit of APIA by achieving academic excellence and demonstrating personal commitment and dedicated service to their community. The APIA scholarships of $200 will be awarded to currently enrolled students in any field. There will be one recipient per campus (Cypress College and Fullerton College).
The student must submit:
- personal essay (maximum 500 words) of goals and accomplishments including his or her community involvement
- transcript of grades (the unofficial transcript from myGateway is acceptable)
- letter of recommendation (emailed directly from the writer to APIA)
- application form
Members of the APIA scholarship committee read all applications and select the winner.
Specific eligibility criteria are:
- Be a currently enrolled student at Cypress or Fullerton College.
- Plan to be enrolled at least half-time at an accredited 4 year college or university in the Fall 2019 term
- Demonstrate community involvement or volunteer work
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00
Letter of Recommendation
The student is required to obtain one letter of recommendation from an individual who knows the student and is familiar with his/her accomplishments and leadership activities. A teacher, counselor, work supervisor, community service leader, or an adult familiar with the applicant could serve as a recommender. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their recommender emails a letter of recommendation. Recommenders may describe the applicant’s community service, leadership skills, academic accomplishments and future plans. APIA welcomes and appreciates any additional comments about the applicant that will help the selection committee in the evaluation process.
Application and documents must be emailed by Friday, April 12, 2019. All applications with accompanying documents must be emailed to Jane Ishibashi at email@example.com except the letter of recommendation which must be emailed by the person making the recommendation.
For information or questions, please contact the following:
Fullerton College Library
Cypress College Library
Khanh Ninh/Student Success & Support Program Counselor
NOCE – Anaheim Campus
Scholarship form available at https://fullcollapia.blogspot.com/ in fillable PDF format at the NOCCCD APIA blog. Download the scholarship application in PDF format, open the file, then click on the Fill & Sign link in the right-hand column.