Dr. Michael J. Kasler
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Dear Students –
These are extraordinary times. No matter who you are or what you are doing, we know the State’s budget situation and the current recession have had major impacts.
Cypress College is experiencing both record enrollment and historic levels of budget reductions. Those two things combined are likely to mean you’ll be waiting in line somewhere at some point on campus.
In these difficult times, Cypress College is committed to helping you. Together, we can do it! Today, more than ever, it is important to plan ahead. Here are some tips:
1) Do not let your registration appointment pass!
2) Select alternate classes in case the ones you want are full. Counselors can assist you with this.
3) Consider classes at other locations, including the NOCCCD Anaheim Campus and Fullerton College.
4) Pay your fees on time. Fees are due at the time of registration. Students may be dropped from classes for not paying fees.
5) Allow extra time for parking and potentially longer lines.
6) Attend the first class meeting. Missing class may result in the instructor dropping you from the class.
7) Plan for a possible fee increase caused by uncertainties in state funding.
Watch the Cypress College website and MyGateway for up-to-date announcements.
We are committed to helping you achieve your academic goals.
Michael J. Kasler
Cypress College President