The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) is a joint program between the California
Community Colleges and the California State University (CSU) that makes
it easier for students to transfer.
Students who earn the ADT are guaranteed admission to a CSU campus
in a similar major to their ADT*. In addition,
they are guaranteed that they can finish the Bachelor Degree with an additional
See A Degree with a Guarantee for more information.
The ADT does not guarantee admission to a specific campus or a specific major.
All of the following are required for all ADT degrees:
- Completion of a minimum of 60 CSU transferable semester units
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in one of the ADT majors listed below. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education Breadth (CSU GE) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
- Submit a graduation application to apply for graduation in the Admission and Records Office by the published deadline (See page 2 of the current class schedule for the current semester deadline.)
Important! Application deadlines for students who are graduating
- See current class schedule for Cypress College Graduation Application deadline.
- CSU Application deadline: August 1st-31st for Spring admission (Note: Students need to be sure to check that they are receiving an ADT on their CSU application).
- CSU Application deadline: Oct. 1- Nov. 30 for Fall admission (Note: Students need to be sure to check that they are receiving an ADT on their CSU application).
*A Cypress College
ADT Graduation Application
must be completed and submitted to the Admissions and Records office (Student Center building, 1st floor) by the deadline. Students will be notified on the status of their ADT degree verification by October 15 for Fall
graduation and by March 15 for Spring graduation.
Current* ADT's offered at Cypress College:
Click on the link to view the major requirements and print PDF check sheets.
*Note: These patterns are for the current catalog year. To use previous patterns see a counselor or use the course catalog.
Additional ADTs are under development. Please see your counselor for more information
for answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about ADTs.
ADT Online Workshop (coming soon)
|Cypress College does have other transferable Associate Degrees such as Liberal Arts. However, these degrees do not qualify for priority admission to CSU. Please ask a counselor for further guidance.
You must have the free Adobe Reader program installed on your computer to view and print the PDF files on this page. Download the free Adobe Reader program from Adobe.