Many positions in Health Information Management and Technology require credentials awarded by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). The RHIA and RHIT exams require completion of a program accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Health Informatics and Information Management. Click here to see the AHIMA’s Career Map.
AHIMA certification represents a high level of achievement and demonstrates proficiency and a broad base of knowledge. AHIMA certified professionals pass a rigorous exam and commit to ongoing professional development and recertification. When a person becomes AHIMA-certified, it reflects a deep personal commitment and sense of accountability, inspiring credibility and confidence in an individual’s professional knowledge.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician-based
- Certified Health Data Analyst
- Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner
Healthcare Information Management Systems Society