Spring 2019 Emergency Lockdown Drill
About the Drill
Cypress College will participate in a lockdown drill on Tuesday, April 2, 2019. All members of the campus community are required to participate in drills.
The drill will be held at 10:15 a.m. There will be no alarm to start the drill. Faculty and managers will be asked to play a video (see below) in their classrooms and work areas. There will be no evacuations this year.
Instructions and Resources
- The drill will commence at 10:15 a.m. on Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
- The drill will commence with a video broadcast on campus via the college’s phone system and over the P.A. system.
- We ask that you play the video in your class.
- Participation in the drill is required.
This is the video from Ready Houston to play during the lockdown drill.
Text Alerts and Emergency Notifications
Students are encouraged to utilize myGateway to update their personal information for text alert messaging in the event of an emergency. Students must provide their personal information in myGateway to receive these text notifications.
Follow these steps to verify that your cell phone and email address are entered and current:
- Sign into myGateway.
- Go to the “Personal Information” channel under the “Student” tab.
- Click on the item “Set Text Message Alert Preferences.”
- When clicking on “Set Text Message Alert Preferences,” the next screen will allow you to enter your cell phone information, the cellular service provider, the level of messages you wish to receive and the campus or campuses you want to be notified about.
- After entering your information, click on the “Submit” button.
Our experience has proven Twitter to be a reliable method of emergency communication. In addition to asking you to sign up for text messages (see above), please help out by signing up to follow the college on Twitter. You can do so by visiting twitter.com/CypressCollege and clicking on the “follow” button.