North Orange Continuing Education
North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) has been serving the community since 1973 with free, noncredit educational programs and services to empower our community. NOCE is a stand-alone institution, serving as the noncredit arm of the North Orange County Community College District, which also includes credit-based Cypress College and Fullerton College. Part of the California Community College System, all NOCE courses are approved by the state of California. NOCE is proudly accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Basic Skills, High School Diploma, and GED Preparation: Writing, reading, spelling, math, science, high school diploma and equivalency; GED preparation
- Career Technical Education: Courses and certificate programs in short-term, in-demand jobs: business information worker, computers, early childhood education, electrical technology, funeral assistant, medical assistant, personal care aide, pharmacy technician, and more.
- Disability Support Services: Inclusive postsecondary education and employment training for adults with disabilities
- English as a Second Language: including citizenship, literacy, and workplace skills
- Active Older Adults/Emeritus Program: courses that are designed for older adults but are open to anyone over 18+. Courses include mature driver improvement, creative arts, fitness and wellness, and brain health.
- Parenting: courses for parent-and-me as well as topics on parenting education including Love and Logic courses, building trauma-informed courses, and more
The following fee-based courses are offered through the Lifeskills Education Advancement Program for personal enrichment. Whether you’re looking to learn a new business skill or trade, get fit, or tap into your creative side, LEAP has the class for you. Some classes may not be offered during every semester.
- Business and Professional Development: Notary, project management and machine shorthand
- Fine and Applied Arts: fine art, fashion design and sewing, music
- Language Arts: sign language, voice-overs, Spanish
- Physical Fitness: Adult martial arts, dance, yoga, Zumba
- Kids College and Teen Program will resume sometime in 2023. Check back frequently for updates on the return of classes.
NOCE offers a variety of support services to help students successfully progress and complete their personal, career, and educational goals:
- Academic Counseling
- Academic Tutoring
- Career Services
- Disability Support Services and Accommodations
- Food Pantry
- Grads to Be – Resources to Support Undocumented Students
- Helping Hand Clothing Closet
- LGBTQIA+ Resources
- Scholarships and Aid
- Student Leadership
- Student Technology Support Services
- Transition to College and Career