Donna Miller’s dedication to community college students defines her professional career. In fact, the only thing that could lure away from this service were adorable grandchildren and the opportunity to spoil them regularly at the happiest place on earth.
For 38 years, Miller taught speech communication and served as an educational administrator at neighboring Cerritos College. In her time there, she taught public speaking, interpersonal communication, business communication, and coached the award-winning Speech and Debate team. Miller served 10 years as the Instructional Dean of Liberal Arts and was appointed to interim positions as the Executive Dean of Community, Industry, & Technology Education, and
Vice-President of Academic Affairs. She was the Chair of the Department of Speech Communication, Chair of the Accreditation Committee, and a Faculty Senator.
In addition to her roles at Cerritos College, Miller was a Board member for the North Orange County Community College District for 18 years. While serving on the NOCCCD Board of Trustees, she held board positions that included President, Vice-President, and Secretary. She also served as the Board representative to the Community College Foundation of North Orange County, the Cypress College Foundation, and the Orange County Legislative Task Force.
Miller served 20 years on the Board of the Buena Park Library District and has been active with the league of Women Voters.
She recently retired and spends copious amounts of time with her
Cypress College is recognized as one of California’s top community colleges. Recent accolades include:
– #1 in the U.S. | Top Toyota T-TEN Auto-Tech Program in the Nation.
– #2 in C.A. | Top Two ESL & Basic Skills English Programs in California.
– #3 in C.A. | Ranked as a Top Three California Community College (Schools.com)
– #3 in the Region | Ranked Top Three in Greater Los Angeles & Orange County for Student Transfer and Graduation Rates (EdSmart.org)
– 15 of 113 | California Community Colleges piloting a Bachelor’s Degree (Mortuary Science)
– #17 in the U.S. | National Ranking on MTV-U’s website “Rate-My-Professor”
– Top National Licensure Exam Pass Rates | Perfect state licensure pass rates for students in the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Abdomen; Diagnostic Medical Sonography (OB/Gyn); Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Physics; and Mortuary Science: Sciences. 90+% state licensure exam pass rates for students in the following programs: Dental Assisting; Mortuary Science (Arts); Radiology Technology. And 85%+ state licensure rates for students in: Health Information Technology; Nursing; and Psychiatric Technology.
– 2/3ds of the Class of 2015 qualified for transfer to a UC or CSU institution.
– 76 Orange Empire Athletics Conference Titles
– 25 California Community College Athletic Association State Championship Titles