High School Students

Cypress College offers several options for current high schools students who are interested in attending. Please see below to see which option is the best for you.

Special Admit

Special Admit students are high school students who wish to attend Cypress College and high school at the same time. Though enrollment fees are waived for high school students, they must pay for the health fee (currently $19) and any material fees. Special admit students must fill out two applications: the main one and the Special Admit Student Program Application. NOTE: Special admit students may take up to 11 units ONLY.

Dual Enrollment

Cypress College partners with area school districts to offer high school students the opportunity to earn college credit for free while attending high school. Students enrolled in dual enrollment courses earn credit for college classes that may be eligible to transfer to a CSU or UC institution. Courses offered in the dual enrollment program may be taken at the college or high school campus.

Charger Experience (Promise)

The Charger Experience Program (Promise) is for all students who are completing high school. The program is designed to provide all incoming students the foundation for success through direct engagement with academic programs and comprehensive understanding of support services.

Benefits include:

  • Two years of free tuition for all first-time college students
  • Priority registration and full-time placement
  • Academic, career, and transfer counseling, including a student education plan
  • Activities, support services, and events
  • Personalized support from Charger Experience counselors
  • Connect2Cypress and Charger Friday events