Financial Aid

Home » Financial Aid

Inside the Kickoff Email are the resources you need to make sure you’re prepared to succeed this semester! We cover some of our most frequently asked questions that we receive at the start of each semester.

Your SAP status matters!

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) can determine if you can receive your financial aid.

Students on financial aid warning are provided one semester to improve their academic performance before being disqualified. Students who have exceeded the maximum timeframe are automatically disqualified and do not receive a warning semester.

Disqualified students are provided specific instructions regarding the appeals process, timeline, and procedures for requesting additional eligibility via email and myGateway. Students can access their SAP appeal via

Students in good standing typically graduate and transfer on time. Maintaining good standing is essential if you plan on receiving financial aid when you transfer.

Financial Aid Academic Progress Flyer

Get Help with Financial Aid Questions

Our offices are currently open to in-person visits. Please view our office hours below. We are also available remotely (phone, chat, email) during office hours to assist you as quickly as possible. Please remember to include your student ID number in your message (or bring your photo ID if visiting in person).

If you require in-person accommodations, please contact our office one business day in advance so that we can make appropriate arrangements to best serve you.

Live Chat: Cranium Café (sign in with your myGateway login)
Social Media: @cypressfinaid
Phone: (714) 484-7114

For more information regarding the Campus and Coronavirus Updates and Planning, please visit


Cypress College Complex (Building 6), 1st Floor, Room 120

Contact Information

T: (714) 484-7114
F: (714)-484-6061


Summer 2024
Monday–Thursday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (in-person and remote)

Wednesday & Thursday 6 – 9 p.m. (remote)

Friday Closed

Our office will be closed for staff training:

  • July 8, 2–3:30 p.m.
  • July 22 (all day)
  • August 6, 10–11:30 a.m.