Cypress College Ranked Among Top Community Colleges and Hispanic-Serving Institutions Nationally, Recognized for Allied Health Programs
Cypress College continues to be recognized as a top community college nationally and statewide while earning a top spot as one of the best Hispanic-serving institutions (HSI) in the U.S. After being named as a top 150 community college by the Aspen Institute for 2023, and ranking as the #1 community college in California in 2018 and 2020 by Niche.com, the college was also acknowledged this year for many of its allied health programs, demonstrating Cypress’ commitment to providing affordable yet highly relevant workforce training.
Cypress College received the following rankings for its medical programs:
- #1 – Highest Paid Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Ultrasound Technician Graduates in California
- #1 – Best Value (all institutions), Health Information Medical Records Tech (CollegeFactual.com)
- #1 – Best Value, Medical Admin (CollegeFactual.com)
- #2 – Best Dental Assisting/Assistant Schools in the Far Western U.S. Region (CollegeFactual.com)
Cypress College also received high rankings on national and statewide “bests” lists:
- #19 – Best Community Colleges in California (Niche.com)
- #65 – Best Community Colleges in America (Niche.com)
- #55 – Best Hispanic Serving Institution in America (Niche.com)
“We are proud to be recognized for the high quality of our programs and the commitment to excellence demonstrated each day by our employees. The value of higher education has never been stronger at Cypress College,” President JoAnna Schilling said. “These rankings further reaffirm our commitment to being an innovative and equitable learning environment that supports our students and community.”
Niche.com bases its rankings on data from “the most trustworthy sources, like the U.S. Department of Education and National Science Foundation…” and student reviews. CollegeFactual.com reports that most of its data is pulled from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Schilling said the rankings are the result of a dedicated faculty, staff, and administration that is committed to serving the students.
“Without our faculty and staff, these rankings wouldn’t be possible,” Schilling said. “They embody the Cypress College spirit of truly showing students that we take this journey together.”