What You Need to Know about Financial Aid During Winter Intersession
Cypress College offers one-month winter intersession online classes, and financial aid is available to eligible students. Swiftly earn units during the break between fall 2023 and spring 2024 semesters. Winter intersession begins December 18, 2023 and ends January 19, 2024.
Important Financial Aid Information
- Submit the 2023-2024 FAFSA/CADAA to determine winter intersession eligibility, including California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
- Fulfill financial aid verification requirements at https://cypresscollege.studentforms.com
- Satisfy Fall semester SAP requirements after final grades are posted
- Aid may be prorated if enrolled less than full-time (12+ units)
- A single aid offer covers winter intersession 2023 and spring 2024. Students will not receive additional financial aid for winter intersession 2023. Any remaining spring 2024 financial aid, after winter intersession 2023 expenses are covered, will be applied to spring 2024
Financial aid is limited to one school per semester. Winter intersession 2023 disbursements are considered disbursements for spring 2024. Students are ineligible to receive spring 2024 aid at another institution if they receive winter disbursement at Cypress College.
- Full time – 12 or more units
- Three-quarter time – 9-11 units
- Half time – 6-8 units
- Less than half time – 5 or fewer units
Winter Intersession 2023 Disbursement Date
- December 19, 2023 – First disbursement of Federal Pell Grant.
- December 29, 2023 – Expected Bank Mobile Vibe Account refund on 12/29/2023, with an additional 2-3 days for direct deposit with potential holiday delays.
Winter Intersession 2023 Freeze Date
- February 12, 2024 – The winter intersession 2023 freeze date aligns with the spring 2024 date of 2/12/24. Financial aid for winter intersession 2023 will adjust when students modify their enrollment. If you receive the California College Promise Grant (CCPG), it will waive the $46 per unit enrollment fees for any number of units.
For additional information, contact Cypress College Financial Aid at: