College Shares Safety Tips Following Suspicious Activity in Vacant Restroom
July 9, 2014
Earlier today a man was observed with a camera in a vacant women’s restroom on campus. While the incident itself is not a crime, it is a reminder that it is highly important to keep our personal safety at the front of our minds.
If you observe any suspicious activity, please contact Campus Safety immediately. Campus Safety can be reached at (714) 484-7387. It is advised to program this number into your cell phone so that it is readily available.
Here are some personal safety tips that are important to follow so that we can continue to maintain a safe campus:
- Exercise caution when approaching or being approached by someone you don’t know.
- Guard your identification, personal information and possessions.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Travel in groups or pairs, and in well-lit areas at night.
- Report suspicious activity if you observe it.
- Report incidents immediately.
- Campus Safety is located on the first floor of the Business Building, with a well-marked entrance visible from Parking Lot #1.
- Escorts to and from your vehicle are available by contacting Campus Safety.
- Emergency phones are located in a number of places on campus; they ring directly to Campus Safety. Red emergency phones are located inside the buildings. Other “Code Blue” phones are outside and are identified with large blue lights (and on the campus map with a phone symbol).
- If you feel there is an immediate threat, dial 911.
Non-emergency contact may be made via e-mail to ssmith@CypressCollege.edu.