Five President Candidates Identified as Finalists; Forum on March 30
Five candidates to become Cypress College’s 12th president have been identified and are scheduled to participate in a campus-wide open forum on March 30, 2017. The forum will be broadcast and archived on the campus website.
The candidates to replace retiring Dr. Bob Simpson are:
- Dr. Gregory Peterson — Vice President of Student Services, Long Beach City College
- Dr. Omid Pourzanjani — Vice President of Academic Affairs, Golden West College
- Dr. JoAnna Schilling — Interim Vice President of Academic Affairs, Rio Hondo College
- Dr. Arvid Spor — Vice President of Academic Affairs, Citrus College
- Dr. Gregory Anderson — Vice President of Instruction, Canada College
Each candidate’s presentation will be broadcast live via USTREAM and archived on YouTube for future viewing (links will be added to this page when available). The schedule for forums and biographies for each candidate are available. The forums will be held Thursday, March 30, 2017, beginning at 9 a.m. with Dr. Peterson’s visit. Dr. Pourzanjani is scheduled for 10 a.m., and Dr. Shilling follows at 11 a.m. Dr. Spor and Dr. Anderson follow at 12:15 and 1:15 p.m., respectively.
After a short introduction each candidate will present a brief statement and then address questions. Feedback for the Board of Trustee’s consideration is requested via the Open Forum survey from a PC or mobile device. All responses are anonymous. The survey will close at 8 p.m. on March 30 to allow for compilation of responses.
“I would like to ask all staff to attend the forum and to be prepared with additional questions for the candidates,” NOCCCD Chancellor Dr. Cheryl Marshall said. “Faculty are encouraged to bring their students.”
The Board will interview the finalists on March 31, 2017, and will make every effort to finalize the process and announce a decision shortly thereafter.