The Smoke-Free Art Contest invites all students from Cypress College to submit an entry that represents “Why I want a 100% smoke-free campus.” Entries will be accepted in the form of drawing, painting, or digital arts.
- October 7 — Contest opens for submissions
- Submit to Cypress College in the Student Activities Center (Gym II, 2nd Floor)
- December 13 — Deadline closes at 4 p.m.
- Blank sheets provided (Gym II, 2nd Floor)
- January 27 — Winners Announced
- 1st Place ($100 Target gift card and publication)
- 2nd Place ($50 Amazon gift card)
- 3rd Place ($25 Starbucks gift card)
- All participants will receive a gift at submission!
- Physical artwork to the Student Activities Center (Gym II, 2nd floor) by 4 p.m. on December 13, 2019 (physical submissions will be collected and returned by the end of the semester). Download the entry form here.
- Digital artwork to collegeartcontest.weebly.com/ by 11:59 p.m. on December 13, 2019.
- Judge panel will be representatives from Orange County Health Care Agency, Waymakers, Brown Marketing Strategies, Associated Students, Health Center, and Fine Arts.
- Artwork will be reviewed for the following characteristics:
- Creativity and originality
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme
Guidelines for Contest Entries
Entries that do not meet the requirements outlined below may be deleted from the contest.
- All entries must be the designer’s original work.
- Artwork messaging is free of grammatical errors.
- The source files to winning design entries must be uploaded within 24 hours of being rewarded.
- All physical artwork entries should be on the 12w x 18h (safe zone* 11×17). Paper provided and available for pickup at the Student Activities Center (Gym II, 2nd floor).
- All digital artwork entries should be 17w x 22h (safe zone* 16×21).
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; entrants may be requested to provide a signed written proposal release from recognizable and identifiable persons in the artwork submitted.
- Must not contain brand names or trademarks.
Image Format Requirements
If the size and format requirements are not met, the quality and resolution of your images will be compromised and may not be able to be used. All entries must be submitted to the Student Activities Center along with an entry form or submitted electronically via collegeartcontest.weebly.com/.
- Submission must be on the provided 12w x 18h paper (safe zone* 11×17).
- File size should be 17w x 22h (safe zone* 16×21).
- File should be provided as .pdf or .jpeg, in addition to the native file (.ai or .indd).
- Please package the file with all layers, fonts (typography), and imagery.
- Provide typography name and file.
- Provide color code.
- Do not include watermarks.
- If photography is used, provide the original, high-resolution photo file.
- If you use imagery from an online source, check for specific copyright details and read the End User License Agreement for clipart rules.
By entering artwork in this competition, the entrant retains all rights. However, entrants grant the Selection Committee the right to edit, adapt, reproduce, and publish the artwork.
*Safe zone = A zone where the artwork will be safe from being altered during the cutting/placement process. While a bleed goes to the very edge of a design, the safe zone will be within the confines of the overall design. Please do not include any type or crucial elements past this safe zone.