Apply for the Foreign Language Scholarship at Cypress College
The Foreign Language Scholarship at Cypress College:
- Background: The Foreign Language Scholarship was established in 1995 by the Cypress College Foundation to support students majoring in foreign languages or having a strong interest in learning a foreign language. The scholarship is funded by donations from individuals and businesses who believe in the importance of foreign language education.
- Reason for the Scholarship: The scholarship was created to encourage students to study foreign languages and help them offset tuition and other expenses. The scholarship also recognizes the value of foreign language education in preparing students for college and careers.
- Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate for the Foreign Language Scholarship is a student who is majoring in a foreign language or who has a strong interest in learning a foreign language. The student should have a good academic record and should be able to demonstrate their commitment to foreign language learning.
Minimum Qualifications: To be eligible for the Foreign Language Scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time student at Cypress College
- Be currently enrolled in at least 12 units
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have successfully completed at least two foreign language courses at Cypress College, including one at the 200-level
- Complete the Foundation Scholarship Application, which is available on the Foundation website.
- Students who have completed at least two foreign language courses at Cypress, including one at the 200 level, will be prompted to complete an academic essay on the assigned topic specific to the Foreign Language Scholarship.
- Ask two faculty members to complete the recommendation forms. One should be a current Cypress College Foreign Language instructor, and the other a Cypress College instructor in a different department.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is the same as the general Foundation application deadline that can be found on the Foundation website (usually the first week of April).