Health Science Division Information

Prepare For A Career In Health Science

The Health Science division is comprised of eight major health programs leading to certification and/or licensure. The health careers at Cypress College provide for quality care of an individual from birth to death. Health careers are exciting, dynamic and growing professions, with employment opportunities expected to continue in high demand for many years to come. As technology advances, it is expected new programs will be added to the existing program options. Health career programs include occupations that involve either direct patient care, or indirect patient care.

Programs Ranked Highest in the Nation

Programs in the Health Science Division are ranked among the highest in the state and nation. Pass rates on licensure exams consistently exceed national norms. Graduates are well respected in the medical and dental community. Programs maintain accreditation with national organizations, reflect the highest standards of instruction and patient care, and utilize state-or-the-art equipment in laboratory classes.

Health Science Transcript Information

College Transcripts

When you apply to the Dental Hygiene, Mortuary Science, Nursing, Radiologic Technology, and Diagnostic Medical Sonograpy (Ultrasound) programs you will need to supply official college transcripts to the Health Science Counseling Department.

Official Transcript

An official transcript is one that has been stamped and sealed by the college or university and is mailed or hand carried unopened to Cypress College. Once a transcript has been opened by anyone other than college personnel it is no longer an official document.

While we prefer that you hand carry transcripts, we do recognize that this is not always possible. If you are mailing transcripts, it is vitally important that they are mailed to the following address:

Cypress College
Health Science Application Office
9200 Valley View Street
Cypress, CA 90630

Cypress And Fullerton College Transcripts

If you have attended Cypress or Fullerton College you will need to print your transcripts off of the website. If you attended either college prior to 1984 you will need to get official transcripts from Records.

High School Transcript

If you have not graduated with an Associates degree or higher you will need to provide a copy of your high school diploma or an official (please see above definition of official) high school transcript. (Mortuary Science applicants will need to provide an official high school transcript).

International Transcripts

If you have attended colleges and universities outside of the United States and believe you have successfully completed courses applicable to the Associate Degree or Certificate requirements you must have your transcripts evaluated by an approved international evaluation agency before credit can be determined. A list of approved agencies is available in the Counseling or Admissions and Records Offices or at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts need to be evaluated course by course with grades and units. Evaluations for degree equivalency recommended if you are applying for Dental Hygiene, Health Information Technology or Radiologic Technology programs.


Please see program Application procedures in the program brochure for more detailed application information.

Passage Rates for Licensure

Per California Assembly Bill (AB) 2086, the following information is made available to provide access to California license examination passage rates for graduates of Cypress College programs that require California licensure. Data will continue to be updated as California licensing and/or regulatory agencies make the data electronically available.

Website links:

    • Registered Nurse (RN)
    • Psychiatric Technology
    • Dental Assisting Department State Board Passage rates:
      1. Click on
      2. Hit link for written exam statistic by year of interest
      3. Click on
      • a) RDA Law and Ethics by school and month
      • b) RDA Written by school and month
    • Cypress College Dental Hygiene Department National and Western Regional State Board pass rates:
      • (No public link or comparison school pass rate data are available)
      • The 2014/15 and 2015/16 National Board Examination and Western Regional pass rates for Cypress College students are 100% for each year and each examination.
      • 2012 – fourteen (14) students graduated in 2012, 14 took both the National Board Examination and the California State Board Examination and 14 successfully passed the National Board and the California State Board on the first attempt. One hundred percent (100%) passage on both National and California State Board.
      • 2013 – twelve (12) students graduated in 2013, 12 took both the National Board Examination and 10 took the California State Board Examination and 12 successfully passed the National Board and 10 the California State Board on the first attempt. Two students were waiting to take the WREB clinical exam. One hundred percent (100%) passage on the National Board on the first attempt.
    • Cypress College Diagnostic Medical Sonography Department ARDMS pass rates:
      • (No public link or comparison school pass rate data are publicly available.) The pass rates on the three licensure examinations: DMS Abdomen, OB/GYN, and Physics are 100% for Cypress College students for each examination.