Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation
To address the shortage of skilled workers in Southern California through the creation/strengthening of CTE (Career Technical Education) programs, the Engineering Technology Department at Cypress College has developed a new program in Mechatronics, Robotics, and Automation.
The program is scheduled to launch in Fall 2019 by offering courses in:
- ENGT 103 C Introduction to Embedded Systems
- ENGT 105 C Instrumentation and Process Control
- ENGT 107 C Electricity and Electronics
- ENGT 109 C Industrial Design and Graphics
- ENGT 115 C Electric Motors and Controls
- ENGT 120 C Mechanical Systems
- ENGT 125 C Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- ENGT 150 C Digital Fundamentals and PLC Programming
- ENGT 160 C Industrial Data Network and HMI
- ENGT 210 C Principles of Robotics Systems
- ENGT 225 C Robot and Automation Programming
- ENGT 240 C Advanced Robotics
- ENGT 250 C Industrial Maintenance and Safety
- ENGT 255 C Integrated Automation Systems
- ENGT 265 C Manufacturing Operation Management
- ENGT 290 C Industry 4.0, IIoT, Digitization
Upon successful completion of these courses, the students can earn:
- Certificate in Mechatronics and Industrial Automation.
- Certificate in Robotics Technician.
- Associate in Science Degree in Mechatronics, Robotics & Automation.
To assure the Engineering Technology Program stays relevant in today’s fast-paced technology world, Cypress College has become partner to Siemens in using their cutting edge equipment and content. As a result, Students upon successful completion of the courses and passing the related exams proctored at Cypress College, earn Mechatronics Level 1 Certificate, an internationally recognized certificate issued by Siemens.
Engineering Technology Department
|SEM Building, Room 248|
For more information, contact Professor Saleh: firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 484-7000 ext. 48372