Honors Program Student Handbook
To see a copy of the Honors Program Student Handbook, which contains the information and policies of the program, please visit the Honors Program office.
The following is a list of approved Honors courses. Since all the courses are not offered each semester and all sections offered are not Honors sections,
students in the Honors Program must be sure that they enroll in sections that have an H designation in the schedule of classes. These sections are designated for students in the Honors Program.
- See the list of honors courses in our catalog.
- Honors Program Application: Prospective students should complete the attached form and submit it to the Honors Office located in the Transfer Center on the 2nd floor of the Student Center or mail it to Honors Program, 9200 Valley View, Cypress, CA 90630. Please include a copy of transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) from schools other than Cypress or Fullerton Colleges. Recent high school graduates should include their final high school transcript that includes their last semester grades and a copy of Advanced Placement test scores if applicable.
- Alternate Activity Request: Honors Program students are responsible for documenting their attendance at extracurricular enrichment activities. This is done by signing in at two or more Honors Program seminars or activities. Alternate extracurricular enrichment activities may be used to meet this requirement if approved in advance by the Honors Program Director. Students wishing to use an alternative activity should complete the above Alternative Activity Request Form and submit it to the Honors Program Office prior to engaging in the activity.
- Intent to Complete the Honors Program: Students must submit the above Intent to Complete the Honors Program form to the Honors Program Office in your last semester at Cypress College.
- Request to Bank a Course: Honors Program students are required to enroll in at least one Honors course each semester. Students may be eligible to “bank” an Honors course for membership credit in a semester in which they do not enroll in an Honors course. To be eligible, students must be a member in good standing and have taken more Honors courses while a member than their number of semesters as a member. Requests must be submitted to the Honors Program office by completing the above Request to Bank an Honors Course form.
- Service Learning Log: Honors Program students are required to complete a minimum of 10 hours of documented service each semester. Complete the form and submit it to the Honors Program Office each semester.
- Service Learning Center Agency Directory
You must have the free Adobe Reader program installed on your computer to view and print PDF files on this page. Download the free Adobe Reader program from Adobe.