- This event has passed.
Blood Drive 2022
March 2 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on 3 Mar 2022 at 9:00 am
This blood drive is conducted by Cedars Sinai. All donors are required to wear a face mask. Standard infection-control measures and physical distancing are enforced.
Donors will receive a limited-edition T-shirt or a voucher for a FREE pint of Baskin-Robbins ice cream.
Blood Drive: Cypress College
Date and Time: Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m. & Thursday, March 3, 2022, 9 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Location: Bloodmobile on campus, 9200 Valley View St., Cypress, CA 90630
To make an appointment: Please visit cedars-sinai.org/givebloodcedars-sinai.org/giveblood Group code: CYC. Pre-register by clicking on the dates above.
When donating, be sure to:
- Bring a photo ID
- Be in good health
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Eat a good meal
- Drink extra water
- Be at least 17 years old
- A 16-year-old may donate if they have a signed parental consent form and weigh at least 135 pounds
Important blood donor guidelines
To qualify, donors must meet these FDA requirements*:
- Present a valid photo ID at time of donation
- Be 17 years old (no upper age limit), healthy, feel well on day of donation and weigh at least 110 pounds
- May be eligible if 16 years old, if weight is at least 135 pounds and have a signed parental consent form
- Not currently taking antibiotics for an infection
- Cancer-free during the past year
- No history of HIV or AIDS
- No tattoos, permanent makeup or piercings in the last three months except those applied in a California-licensed facility with sterile, single-use needles
- No dental surgery 72 hours prior to donation
- Never used intravenous drugs not prescribed by a doctor and have not received an accidental needlestick in the past three months
If you have any questions, please call (310) 423-5346.
*You may be ineligible if you have taken certain medications, have traveled to high-risk malaria areas or have lived in Europe. See a full list of guidelines and information at cedars-sinai.org/donateblood.
Five ways to boost your iron level before giving blood
Giving blood saves lives, but you must have a healthy amount of iron in your blood before you can help someone else by becoming a donor. Below are some ways to help you boost your iron level before giving blood:
- Eat a well-balanced diet every day.
- Iron-rich foods include lean red meat, chicken and seafood; garbanzo, kidney and soy beans; fortified cereals, bagels and lentils; leafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale; and nuts and seeds.
- Citrus fruits and juices and other foods high in vitamin C help your body absorb iron.
- Coffee and tea reduce the amount of iron absorption and should be avoided during meals.
- Donating blood reduces iron stores in your body, so it’s important to replace the iron lost between donations to maintain good health.
Note: Iron can be harmful in high doses. Supplements should be taken only as directed.
If you have any questions, please call (310) 423-5346