Presidential Advisory Council
The Cypress College President’s Advisory Council is a network of top community leaders who provide input, strategic insight, and industry expertise to assist in developing priorities and community collaboration at Cypress College. The purpose of the President’s Advisory Council is to provide feedback, advice, and direction on key strategic initiatives that impact Cypress College. The Advisory Council also share ideas on emerging community and Industry needs, so Cypress College can effectively work with the community in accommodating those needs.
The President’s Advisory Council supports Cypress College leadership in becoming better connected to civic and neighborhood organizations as well as the business community. Members provide advice on meaningful, productive networking, potential fundraising opportunities, and other projects that enhance student learning and supports the needs of Cypress College students.
Members are recommended for their expertise, experience and engagement as key decision-makers in their industry or community leadership roles. Interests and knowledge about issues in higher education is also considered. The maximum Advisory Council membership is 30 members.
Members serve a rotating three-year term and may be appointed at any time during the year. The Council meets two times a year at a college-hosted luncheon. Meetings are held in the fall and spring academic semesters. The three-year term is a calendar term, not dependent on how many meetings members attend. Members agree to attend the bi-annual luncheon, provide input and feedback on the direction of the college, and serve as an ambassador to promote the work of the college in the community.
- Asian Industry B2B – Marc Ang
- AUHSD – Mike Matsuda
- C. Foster Stanback
- CHOC Children’s – Tom Capizzi, Mark Steiman
- City of Cypress – Stacy Berry
- CLA-OC – Amy Kaufman
- Clean City – Bill Taormina
- Edward Jones – Steve Masoner
- Edward’s Life Sciences – Amanda C. Fowler
- Exemplis – John Seely
- Forest Lawn Mortuary, Glendale – Angie Ray
- Geotechnical Solutions, Inc. – Abraham Baha
- HANSJI Corporation – Fred Brown
- Los Angeles Angels Baseball – Dennis Kuhl
- LPA Design – Wendy Rogers
- McAuley LCX Corporation – Alan McAuley
- Mentor Global – Malek Moubasher
- Operate – Carey Ransom
- Orange County Business Council – Lucy Dunn
- SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union – Kristin Crellin
- Shark Wheel – David Patrick
- Steve Robbins
- Subsync – Mike Huck
- Total Environmental Management – Curtis Scheetz
- Union Bank – Brenda Hale