Timely Warning: Second Report of Person with a Camera in Women’s Restroom
OFFICE OF CAMPUS COMMUNICATIONS
February 11, 2015
A female student reported to Campus Safety that someone with a camera entered the women’s restroom on the third floor of the Business Building. Although the incident took place between 4-4:10 p.m., it was reported to Campus Safety at about 5 p.m.
The student said that she observed a camera above the top of the bathroom-stall frame. The person was wearing blue shoes. A similar incident in the same area was reported on February 2. Anyone with information about either incident is asked to contact Campus Safety.
Campus Safety can be reached at (714) 484-7387. Every member of the campus community should program this number into their mobile phones so it is handy.
Students are reminded that activity that appears to be suspicious should be reported to Campus Safety and/or Cypress Police.
Here are some personal safety tips that are important to follow so that we can continue to maintain a safe campus:
- Exercise caution when approaching or being approached by someone you don’t know.
- Travel in groups or pairs, and in well-lit areas at night.
- Report suspicious activity if you observe it.
- Report incidents immediately.
- Campus Safety is located in the Business Building, with an entrance from Parking Lot 1.
- Escorts to and from your vehicle are available by contacting Campus Safety.
- Emergency phones are located in a number of places on campus; they ring directly to Campus Safety and are identified on the campus map with a phone symbol.
- If you feel there is an immediate threat, dial 911.