DSS Remote Testing Procedure for Students
Disability Support Services (DSS) may proctor your exam via Zoom if your classmates are also taking it virtually and your instructor cannot provide the accommodation. To use DSS for testing, you must follow this procedure.
- DSS Zoom proctoring hours are from 8 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. Mondays – Thursdays and 8 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. on Fridays. Exams must be completed by the ending time.
- Please make an appointment using the Charger Access Student Portal at least three (3) business days ahead of your exam date.
- DSS Staff will email the exam Zoom link to you the evening before the exam.
- Please be sure your Zoom account shows your first and last name.
- Please wait in the Zoom waiting room until allowed in by DSS staff.
- Please have your picture ID ready. Upon entrance you must show it.
- The chat box shall remain open during your exam in the event that DSS staff need to communicate with you. When you begin your exam please enter your name and start time in a private chat with DSS staff.
- Everyone will be muted upon entrance the only communication available will be PRIVATE chat with DSS staff.
- Please notify DSS staff if the exam time set by your professor is incorrect so we can try to contact them or at least document the incorrect time.
- Please be aware that there will be other DSS students in the Zoom proctoring session who are also taking exams.
- If you are using a phone to log into the Zoom session, please be sure that your phone has your desk area in view. If you are using a laptop camera, all cellphones must be face down and in view of the camera and remain there for the duration of the exam. We need to ensure cellphones are not being used during the exam and remain on the desk during approved breaks.
- If your approved accommodations include breaks (maximum of 10 minutes) your exam time will not be stopped, and you must leave your cellphone face down in view of the camera.
- When you are done with your exam enter your name and stop time in a private chat with DSS staff and please exit the Zoom proctoring session.
- Please be aware that Zoom proctoring sessions are being recorded.