The (STEM)2 program is designed to help you reach your potential by creating unique career, educational, scholarship and transfer opportunities that will aid your future successes in the vital fields of science, technology engineering and mathematics.
Strengthening Transfer Education & Matriculation in STEM
The mission of the program is to produce more community college STEM transfers to four-year institutions, and increase the number of students attaining STEM baccalaureate degrees. (STEM)2 program is open to students interested in the STEM field.
Students in the (STEM)2 Program at Cypress College will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
- One-on-one counseling sessions
- Supplemental Instruction workshops in gatekeeper courses to achieve an increase in pass rates
- Transfer support to any 4-year university
- STEM Textbook Loan Program
- STEM Workshops offering information in all aspects of the transfer process, STEM careers, research and scholarship opportunities
- Student peer mentoring services
- Special guest speaker and networking opportunities
- Science clubs and support groups
- Peer STEM cohort communities to build peer learning communities and social support
- Opportunities to attend STEM professional conferences and field experiences
For more information on the (STEM)2 Program, please contact Yanet Garcia, (STEM)2 Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.