To apply to a UC:
- In January go back into the application website and update your application with your fall grades and the classes you are actually enrolled in. Do not send transcripts to UC campuses.
- Apply for FAFSA between Oct 1st and Mar 2nd at www.fafsa.org.
- Admission decisions should be sent by May 1st. Students who are wait listed should accept an offer from another school.
- June 1st Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) due. Applications for housing due.
- Official Final transcripts* due by July 1st to the university you have accepted.
- Go to MyGateway and click on the student tab
- Scroll down to Student Links
- Click on Student Records
- Click on Request Printed/Official Transcript to be mailed.) You can also View Status of Transcript Requests.
*Note: Students must send a transcript from each school attended long enough to get a grade on the transcript even if the courses were not transferable or no credit was earned. This includes Fullerton College.
Do’s and Don’ts for Online UC Applicants
University of California require all undergraduate applicants to submit their applications online.
DO…GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME.
This is a multi-step process that cannot be completed in one day. It will require a variety of documents, information, and forethought. Furthermore, the help desk is not open evenings or weekends.
Before you start your application, gather all of your necessary documents as instructed by the “What you’ll need” section.
DO…GET THE QUICK START GUIDE.
Print the Quick Start Guide for Transfers and keep it handy throughout the application process.
DON’T…COMPOSE YOUR PERSONAL INSIGHT QUESTIONS ONLINE.
Take time to compose them in a word-processing application, such as Microsoft Word, and then copy and paste it into the appropriate boxes in the online application.
For suggestions on writing the personal Insight Questions, check out this UC video available on YouTube:
Additional tips for writing the personal: Insight Questions
DO…CREATE A USER NAME AND PASSWORD THAT YOU’LL REMEMBER EASILY.
Record it and keep it in a safe place. If you lose your password, PATHWAYS can recover it for you, but if you forget your user name, you’ll have to start a new application.
DO…FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND COMPLETE ALL STEPS.
On each page and every pop-up, scroll to the bottom to avoid missing anything.
DON’T…FORGET TO SAVE YOUR WORK.
You have 40 minutes per Web page before you’ll be timed out. Whenever you save an entry or move to a new page, your work is automatically stored, but if you plan to leave your application for any length of time — to go grab a snack or answer the phone — use the save/logout feature to store your application, then log back in.
DO…CAREFULLY REVIEW THE SUMMARY PAGE.
Look for any instance where it says, “no information added,” and if you didn’t intend to leave it blank, fill it in.
DON’T….BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP.
If you have technical difficulties, call the Help Desk at (800) 523-2048 (in California) or (925) 808-2181 (outside California) or e-mail technical support at email@example.com.
DO…PRINT A RECEIPT.
You’ll want to keep a record of your application ID number and a summary of your application.
DO… FOLLOW THROUGH.
Submitting an application is not the final step. Be aware of what you need to follow up on after you submit your application. Visit After You Apply
Visit here for further Online Application information.