Welcome to the Counseling Center!
New students will be counseled in the orientation session. This is your first counseling appointment.
Continuing and returning students may see a counselor prior to registration and are strongly advised to do so before the end of the semester.
- Counseling is available during the day by appointment or walk-in (when available) in each division on campus.
- To make your appointment, call the Counseling Center at (714) 484-7015.
- Undecided or Undeclared students may also contact the Career Planning Center at (714) 484-7120.
Students who have previous college experience should see a counselor before registration.
- Clearance of English and math prerequisites are reviewed by a counselor.
- A counselor will assess previous course work and testing to determine placement in classes.
- Please bring any test results, transcripts or grade reports to assist the counselor in evaluating previous course work.
Walk-in counseling is available in the Counseling Center on the second floor of the Student Center, Room 215. Counseling appointments can be made by calling (714) 484-7015.
Online advising during registration is available by email at OnlineCounselor@CypressCollege.edu. Online advising during the semester is available by emailing individual counselors based on your major.
Official transcripts from other colleges or universities are required for:
- New students
- Returning students who have attended other colleges or universities since their last enrollment at Cypress College
- Students who plan to graduate or complete a certificate at Cypress College and/or transfer from Cypress College, if they have attended other colleges or universities
- Veterans collecting educational benefits, if they have attended other colleges or universities
- Students needing to show completion of course prerequisites. Unofficial or personal copies will be accepted for clearance purposes only.
Student Center, Building 19, 2nd Floor, near Parking Lot 1
|Monday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
Please note that the above reflects our regular hours during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer when school is not in session, these hours may change.
T: (714) 484-7015