Cypress College is committed to enhancing the student experience by providing opportunities for students to access counseling services from virtually anywhere.
We have several options for students to meet with counselors who are unable to visit our center in person depending on your needs:
Please view our chart to see how to best access services
|Topics for Cranium Café (30 minutes)||Topics for Express Online|
Cranium Café: Online Counseling Appointment
Through Cranium Café, students can meet with counselors face-to-face for a 30-minute counseling appointment. This online platform allows students to complete all services available in a traditional in-person counseling session such as:
- Educational Planning
- Career/Goal setting
- Degree/transfer requirements
- Transcript review
- Progress Check
To schedule an online counseling appointment, follow four easy steps:
- Click on “Schedule an appointment” to meet with one of our online counselors.
- Select “Make Appointment” and select the appropriate reason for your appointment.
- Click Search (tip: keep “Day of week” and “Counselor Name” at “All” to show more availability)
- Complete your information for Appointment Confirmation with the most up-to-date contact information
Once you schedule an appointment you will receive an email with instructions on how to log-in on the day of your appointment. To best utilize Cranium Café, please be sure to check your internet connection and test your desktop or mobile devices for compatibility.
Express Online: eAdvising/email
Express online is a web-based email service for students with general counseling questions. Students can submit a question by clicking the link below and our counselors will respond to submitted questions in the order that they appear. Keep in mind response times will vary and may be longer during registration peak periods.
Express Online is for students who have general questions regarding:
- English, ESL and math placement process
- College policy and procedures
- New students process
- General program information
- General transfer information
- Prerequisite clearances *
* For students who need a prerequisite clearance, you must have official transcripts on file. If you do not have an official transcript on file, please email email@example.com for further information.
Students may find that some questions will require an appointment with a counselor. This service is meant to address general questions, and we may invite you to schedule an appointment for additional counseling services.
Prior to submitting a question, please review our Frequently Asked Questions, which includes answers to the most commonly asked online questions.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Getting started at Cypress College
- Counseling and educational planning
- College policies and procedures
Location: Student Center Building, 2nd Floor
Security and Privacy Message
Cypress College strives to safeguard all electronic transactions. However, when using this site, be aware that information transmitted through our Online Counseling service and email correspondence is not encrypted. Additionally, certain inquiries may be referred to other campus departments and/or staff which may be better suited to answer the inquiry. By using this site you agree to the above listed terms.