The deadline to submit a Financial Aid petition for the Fall 2014 semester is September 26, 2014. You have the right to submit a petition if:
- You were disqualified for financial aid because you did not meet the conditions set forth in the Satisfactory Academic Policy statement you signed when you completed your file
- You believe your circumstances warrant a review of your financial aid eligibility
If you wish to exercise your right to petition, please carefully read the information below:
SAP Policy Information:
Please be aware that a disqualified status will still allow you to receive the California Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) if you were eligible. Therefore, if you receive the BOGW, your enrollment fees will continue to be waived regardless of your financial aid disqualification status at this time since the BOGW does not have Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING A PETITION (Deadline to Turn in Petition is Sept. 26, 2014)
Please carefully read the information about financial aid disqualification found at the following link:
Financial Aid Warning and Disqualification Overview
If, after reviewing the “Financial Aid Warning and Disqualification” overview, you would like to submit a petition to request reinstatement or an extension of your Federal financial aid, you must complete the appropriate petition form.
For over 90 units:
- Complete the Excessive Units [or] Earned Degree Petition for Aid Form
- Meet with your academic counselor
For less than a 2.0 GPA or 67% completion:
- Complete the Pace of Progression and/or Grade Point Average Petition Form
Please submit your completed petition to the Financial Aid Office by Sept 26, 2014. Petitions are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and decisions are communicated within 1-4 weeks depending on the number of petitions received. Please disregard this notice if you do not plan to attend Cypress College. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (714) 484-7114.
Financial Aid Office