Policy and Important Information
The information below will assist you with completing the financial aid process as well as understanding your rights and responsibilities as a financial aid recipient.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP)
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP)
This policy describes your responsibilities as a financial aid recipient at Cypress College to maintain a sufficient grade point average while completing the minimum required units annually to maintain eligibility.
Summer 2022 SAP Notices:
- Disqualified – less than 67% completion rate
- Disqualified – less than 2.0 GPA
- Disqualified – maximum timeframe
- Disqualified – ineligible major
If disqualified for summer 2022, the last day to submit a SAP Appeal is July 22, 2022.
Financial Aid Warning and Disqualification Overview
This document serves as an addendum to our satisfactory academic progress policy and is provided to students on Financial Aid Warning and Disqualification to help facilitate a better understanding of their status.
California College Promise Grant (CCPG) Policy and Appeal Information
The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) has separate standards from the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy. Please review our CCPG Policy here. If you are disqualified, please see below for the process to appeal.
To complete your CCPG Appeal, please go to cypresscollege.verifymyfafsa.com (you will log in with your myGateway credentials). If you do not see a CCPG Appeal, please contact our office at email@example.com to request an appeal.
NOTE: Foster youth (under the age of 24) and CCPG F recipients are EXEMPT from appealing for both the CCPG Fee Waiver and Enrollment Priority. These standards are separate from the eligibility criteria for Federal Financial Aid and should not be confused with the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy.
Other Financial Aid Policies At-a-Glance
This policy describes the requirements you must meet if your financial aid application is selected for verification.
Special Circumstances Policy
- Income Adjustment: Have you lost your job recently? Did you quit your job to go back to school? Have your parents divorced? Have you divorced? Do you have extenuating circumstances related to your income that the financial aid office should be aware of? Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further clarification and assistance on the information needed to verify the Special Circumstances. Students will need to complete verification prior to completing a PJ Appeal for income change.
- Dependency Override: Unusual circumstances include abandonment by parents, an abusive family environment that threatens the student’s health or safety, or the student being unable to locate his parents. In such cases a dependency override might be warranted. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further clarification and assistance on the information needed to verify the Special Circumstances.
- Unaccompanied Homeless Youth: For students under the age of 24, that are self-supporting and at risk of being homeless or, unaccompanied homeless youths or unaccompanied, youths at risk of being homeless. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for further assistance on the information needed and what resources that are available.
Student Loan Eligibility Policy
An overview of important information and requirements for student loan eligibility at Cypress College.
Financial Aid Disbursement Policy and Dates
Information and requirements for student financial aid disbursement for the current academic year. Dates, criteria, and how awards are calculated based on student enrollment are included.
Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
This policy is the North Orange County Community College District’s policy regarding the privacy of student records. This policy also applies to student financial aid records at Cypress College.
Understanding your Financial Aid Status on myGateway
This document provides greater detail and clarity for understanding your Financial Aid status on myGateway.
Disbursement Rights and Responsibilities
This document serves as valuable reference for understanding your financial aid disbursement. The importance of maintaining your enrollment status during the semester is also emphasized so students can be informed of repayment implications.