Retirees Among Cypress College Employees Honored for Service
Sixteen Cypress College employees who retired during the 2014-2015 academic year, including several who will complete their careers here at the end of the spring semester, were honored during an annual campus ceremony held on Wednesday in the campus Theater Lobby. The employees include faculty and support staff. Two of the employees — Virginia Derakhshanian and Regina Ford — served Cypress College students for 4o years each.
The new retirees are: Shirley Ashburn, Nursing faculty; Paul Baca, Maintenance and Operations; Robert Burson, Maintenance and Operations; Hong Chi, English as a Second Language faculty; Virginia Derakhshanian, Library/Learning Resource Center; Michele Dugan, Extended Opportunity Programs and Services; Regina Ford, Admissions and Records; Cathy Franklin, English/Reading faculty; Donna Gibson, Maintenance and Operations; Carol Green, Dental Hygiene faculty; Brett Harrington, Campus Safety; Pat Humpres, President’s Office; Michael Johnson, Media Arts Design faculty; Kathy Llanos, English as a Second Language faculty; Nancy Miller, Career Planning Center; Carol O’Brien, Campus Safety; and Antonio Fernando Oliviera, Foreign Language faculty.
Brief bios of the 2014-2015 retirees are available in a publication distributed at the ceremony.
In addition, the Cypress College Academic Senate conferred the title of Professor Emeritus for the following faculty:
- Shirley Ashburn, Health Science Division (2015)
- Hong Chi, Language Arts Division (2015)
- Cathy Franklin, Language Arts Division (2015)
- Carol Green, Language Arts Division (2014)
- Laura Grieco, Health Science Division (2015)
- Michael Johnson, Fine Arts Division (2015)
- Kathy Llannos, Language Arts Division (2015)
- Rosali Madjid, Health Science Division (2015)
- Fernando Oliviera, Language Arts Division (2014)