Professor Becky Floyd Nominated for 2015 Orange County Teacher of the Year
#Motivating | We are very pleased and proud to announce that one of our own — Becky Floyd (Professor of Anthropology, Social Sciences) — was nominated for 2015 Orange County Teacher of the Year. This prestigious recognition celebrates the most outstanding faculty in our region. Professor Floyd was honored at the annual awards ceremony, Tuesday, November 10, which took place at the Disneyland Hotel. This distinction comes a year after Becky’s 2014 Cypress College Academic Senate Outstanding Full-Time Faculty Award.
Pictured left to right: Santanu Bandyopadhyay, Cypress College Executive Vice President; Becky Floyd, Orange County Teacher of Year Nominee; Nina DeMarkey, Social Science Division Dean; and Nancy Pound, Social Science Division Administrative Assistant.
Nationally, Cypress College is recognized for its premier faculty and their excellent classroom instruction. Professor Floyd and master faculty like her have helped the College attain several very notable recent recognitions.
In 2015 these include:
– #1 in the U.S. | Top Toyota T-TEN Auto-Tech Program in the Nation.
– #2 in C.A. | Top Two ESL & Basic Skills English Programs in California.
– #3 in C.A. | Ranked Top Three California Community Colleges (Schools.com)
– #3 in the Region | Ranked Top Three in Greater Los Angeles & Orange County for Student Transfer and Graduation Rates (EdSmart.org)
– 15 of 113 | California Community Colleges piloting a Bachelor’s Degree (Mortuary Science)
– #17 in the U.S. | National Ranking on MTV-U’s website “Rate-My-Professor”
– Top National Licensure Exam Pass Rates | Perfect state licensure pass rates for students in the following programs: Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Abdomen; Diagnostic Medical Sonography (OB/GYN); Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Physics; and Mortuary Science: Sciences. 90%+ state licensure exam pass rates for students in the following programs: Dental Assisting; Mortuary Science (Arts); Radiology Technology. And 85%+ state licensure rates for students in: Health Information Technology; Nursing; and Psychiatric Technology.
– 2/3ds of the Class of 2015 qualified for transfer to a UC or CSU institution.
Congratulations, Becky! Thank you for making Cypress exceptional.