Resources to Help You Power Through the End of the Semester
Does the quickly approaching end of the semester have you stressed? We know that this point in the semester can be very hectic, with papers and projects coming due, and finals rapidly approaching. We want to see you succeed, so we’ve rounded up resources at the college to help you survive (and thrive) these last two weeks. The L/LRC even has extended hours to help you succeed!
Academics: Support at the Library & Learning Resource Center
- Resources for research: Books, periodicals, and article databases are available through the Library, which you can find here. Librarians are also available to assist you in your research. Not near a computer? You can also text a librarian—simply text “Cypress” to 66746.
- Computers: Both the Library and Learning Resource Center have desktop computers, and the library has laptops that you can check out as well.
- Math Learning Center: Need help with a problem in math, stats, or physics? Go here! They have tutors available for questions, as well as computers for online math work.
- English Success Center: Having problems with a specific part of a paper, or need formatting assistance? They can help, and have computers available for research and writing as well.
- Individual tutoring: It is available in several subjects, including English. Tutors can work with you on research papers. Not on campus? Online tutoring is available!
- Extended Hours at the L/LRC:
- Monday, December 4- Thursday, December 7, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Friday, December 8, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Monday, December 11- Wednesday, December 13, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Supplies and Food: Associated Students Finals Fuel
- Supplies: The Associated Students will have those items vital for your exams- They will be handing out Scantrons, Blue Books, and pencils!
- Food: A.S. will have snacks as well, so you can grab a quick bite to keep you fueled!
- Finals Fuel will be Tuesday, December 12 and Wednesday, December 13 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. outside the Student Activities Center.
Stress Relief: Resources through the L/LRC
- Relax your mind filling out coloring books and playing board games from Monday, December 4 through Thursday, December 7.
- De-Stress with Service Dogs: Feeling a little frazzled? Stop by the tent in front of the L/LRC Thursday, December 7 at 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. to take a moment to relax and enjoy some time playing and cuddling with some service dogs.