Charger Assessment Team (ChAT) Taskforce
Chair: Celeste Phelps
Chair Contact: email@example.com
Meeting Dates: Every Thursday
Meeting Time: 1:30–2:45 p.m.
Meeting Location: Zoom
The purpose of ChAT is to support the safety and well-being of the campus community by employing a proactive and collaborative approach to identify, assess, and manage student behavioral concerns.
The ChAT functions independently and under the leadership of the VPSS. It works collaboratively with all employees. It submits an annual report at the end of the year.
ChAT is a multi-departmental/division group of employees. Current membership composition:
- DSS Director
- Case Manager
- Mental Health Counselor
- Health Center Director
- Campus Safety Director
- SLL Director
- C&SD Dean
- Instructional Faculty Maxient/Conduct Resource Facilitator
- Adrienne Sanchez — Case Manager
- Anna Spencer-Lonetti – Mental Health Professional
- Celeste Phelps – Director of DSS, ChAT Chair
- Craig Lee – Director of Campus Safety
- Dave Okawa – Director of Student Life and Leadership
- Joselyn Diaz – Maxient and Conduct Resource Facilitator
- Marla McBride – Director of Health Services
- Dr. Troy Davis – Dean of Counseling & Student Development
- Virgil Adams – Professor of Human Services
Terms of Membership
The responsibility and function of ChAT requires membership of experts with specific knowledge and expertise within a college setting. ChAT is a NaBITA (National Association for Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment) team and follows NaBITA guidelines, including team composition. The tenure of members is ongoing. Team membership does not allow for additional core team members.