Classified Senate’s mission is to provide classified professionals with a participatory voice in supporting the college’s mission, vision, core values, and promoting a successful learning environment for students. As an integral part of the college community, Classified Senate shall actively contribute to the growth and success of the college.
The Classified Senate is a representative body comprised of Classified employees at Cypress College. As part of the structure of this group, the executive leadership meets with the President of Cypress College on a monthly basis throughout primary semesters and senators attend the Guided Pathways, PAC, Accreditation, and additional committee meetings on an as needed basis to provide reports.
- Vice President
- Senator #1
- Senator #2
- Senator #3
- Senator #4
- Senator #5
- Senator #6
- Senator #7
- Senator #8
- President – Christy Montenegro, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President – Kristina Oganesian, email@example.com
- Secretary – open position
- Treasurer – Mohammad Chaudhry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Specialist/Lead Senator: Dominique Somoano, email@example.com and Angela Haugh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classified Marketing/Communications Senator: Angela Sardan, email@example.com, Diana Domingo, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Ernesto Dominguez, email@example.com
- Classified Event Coordinating Senator: Summer Justice, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tayler Thomas, email@example.com, and Linda Redd, firstname.lastname@example.org
All senators may also be reached at email@example.com.
Terms of Membership
All members of the Classified Senate are elected to serve one-year terms. Members may apply for reelection or apply for a different role the following academic year.
To request copies of archived agendas and minutes, please contact the committee chair.