Minimum Standards for Applicants
- Eligibility for admission to Cypress College
- Official High school transcript, GED test with an average score of 450 on the five-test battery, or high school proficiency examination
- Evidence of good physical and mental health
- Completion of ENGL 100C College Writing with a letter “C” grade or better
- Completion of BIOL 210C Anatomy and Physiology (with lab) or completion of BIOL 231C Anatomy (with lab) with a letter “C” grade or better and completed within the most recent 5 year time period.
- Completion of Math 040 Intermediate Algebra or higher with a letter “C” grade or better
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all college courses attempted
Remember, this is designed as a full-time program. Students are encouraged to enroll in at least 12 units each semester in order to complete the program in a timely fashion.
Students will be selected using a point system based on the number of general education/graduation courses completed at the time of application. Selection of students for acceptance is based on the date of completed application which includes submission of all transcripts and required documents. Please see current Cypress College catalog for the native general education requirements.
- In Addition to the Cypress College application form, a separate application is required for admission into the Mortuary Science Program. Applications must be completed online. Please see the Health Science Application link on the Mortuary Science home page.
- A total of 30 new students are selected each spring and fall semester. Applicants may exceed the available seat space. Applicants will be selected using a point system based on completed general education/graduation requirements at the time of application and the date of completed application.
- Applicants must submit the following items:
- Signature page of the application (In person), Be prepared to present a photo ID
- Official high school transcripts, GED or High School Proficiency Examination results (mailed directly from the institution)
- Official college transcripts (except Cypress and Fullerton College) (Mailed directly from the institution)
- Health Science Application Office:
Health Science Building/TE3-217
9200 Valley View Street
Cypress, CA 90630-5897
Applications and supporting documentation must be received between September and October 31. The application deadline may be extended depending on space availability. Call the Health Science Counseling Office at (714) 484-7270 for an update on application extension.
Applications and supporting documentation must be received between February and March 31. The application deadline may be extended depending on space availability. Call the Health Science Counseling Office at (714) 484-7270 for an update on application extension.