Admissions and Program Eligibility
Application & Admission Deadlines
- Fall Semester : March 1 – July 1 (classes begin in late August)
- Spring Semester: October 1 – December 1 (classes begin in late January)
- All documents must be submitted via email as PDF documents to email@example.com. Non-PDF documents will not be accepted.
Initial Attendance — New F-1 Visa Students from Outside the US
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for spring 2022: On August 24, the North Orange County Community College District Board of Trustees voted to mandate COVID-19 vaccinations for all employees, and for students enrolled in on-campus classes with allowances for religious or medical exemptions as defined by law. Students applying for spring 2022 are required to upload proof of their vaccination status, or request an exemption, to be able to enroll in on-campus classes. For spring 2022, all new/initial F-1 students are required to enroll in at least one (1) on-campus class.
The following items and documents must be submitted: Upon acceptance, we will send you an acceptance letter and a Form I-20 which you will need to apply for an F-1 Student Visa in your home country.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $40.00 (cash, money order, personal check in U.S. dollars or go to cypressapplicationfee.flywire.com for online payment). Applications will be processed after the application fee has been paid.
- Please complete and print the PDF International Student Application. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Submit official secondary education (high school) transcripts in English OR GED certification if applicable. Submit official transcripts in English from any colleges/universities attended. Please send to: International Students Program, Cypress College, 9200 Valley View st., Cypress, CA 90630
- Complete the Financial Support Statement (see page 3 of the application) and submit Bank Certification (must be less than 6 months old).
- Copy of valid passport required for new students applying from overseas.
- English Proficiency must be demonstrated by fulfilling one of the following:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org) — minimum of 61 (iBT). Cypress College school code is 4104.
- IELTS (www.ielts.org) — minimum score of Band 5.
- iTEP (itepexam.com) — minimum score of Level 3.5.
- PTE Academic (www.pearsonpte.com) — minimum score of 44.
- Duolingo English Test (englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants) – minimum score of 85 required, on first attempt. This is an online English proficiency test taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Cypress College when you send your results. Certified results are available within 3–5 days of the test session.
- Certificate of required ESL Level completion (must be less than one year old) from any of our partner language schools.
- Previous college-level English coursework from a U.S. college/university (transcript required).
- Applicants under 18 must also complete the Cypress College Consent to Treat Minor Patient form.
Transfer Admissions — Transfer F-1 Visa Students from Other US Institutions
Submit ALL of the above, plus the following items:
- Copy of your I-20 Form, Visa, I-94, and Passport.
Change of Status
Please contact the ISP Office at (714) 484-7049 to schedule an appointment with the Program Manager.
Part-time Admissions for F-1 Visa Students from other US Institutions
The following documents must be submitted to the Cypress College International Students Program Office in person:
- $20 non-refundable application processing fee in US dollars payable to Cypress College. We accept cash, US checks, and money orders.
- F-1 Student Concurrent Enrollment Agreement completed by student and P/DSO (or authorization letter from P/DSO)
- A copy of current valid I-20
F-2 non-immigrant visa holders may study at Cypress College for up to 11 units maximum (part-time).
Required documents: All application materials must be submitted to the Cypress College International Students Program Office in person.