Application & Admission Deadlines:
- Fall Semester : March 1 – July 1 (classes begin in late August)
- Spring Semester: October 1 – December 1 (classes begin in late January)
Initial Attendance — New F-1 Visa Students from Outside the US
The following items and documents must be submitted: Upon acceptance, we will send you an acceptance letter and a Form I-20 which you will need to apply for an F-1 Student Visa in your home country.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $40.00 (cash, money order, personal check in U.S. dollars or go to cypressapplicationfee.flywire.com for online payment). Applications will be processed after the application fee has been paid.
- Please complete and print the PDF International Student Application. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. International Students cannot use the regular online CCCApply Application.
- Submit official proof of completion of secondary education (high school).
- Submit official transcripts and diploma in English from any colleges/universities attended.
- Complete the Financial Support Statement and submit Bank Certification (must be less than 6 months old).
- Copy of valid passport required for new students applying from overseas.
- English Proficiency must be demonstrated by fulfilling one of the following assessments:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org) — minimum of 61 (iBT). Cypress College school code is 4104.
- IELTS (www.ielts.org) — minimum score of Band 5.
- iTEP (itepexam.com) (International Test of English Proficiency): minimum score of Level 3.5.
- PTE Academic (www.pearsonpte.com) — minimum score of 44
- Certificate of required ESL Level completion (must be less than one year old) from any of our partner language schools.
Transfer Admissions — Transfer F-1 Visa Students from Other US Institutions
Submit ALL of the above, plus the following items:
- Copy of your I-20 Form, Visa, I-94, and Passport.
- Completed Transfer Eligibility Form signed by an official from the college you are currently attending.
Change of Status
Submit all of the above, plus the following:
- Copy of your I-20 Form, Visa, I-94, and passport
- Application Deadlines: Fall Semester (April 30), Spring Semester (September 30)
Part-time Admissions for F-1 Visa Students from other US Institutions
- $20 non-refundable application processing fee in US dollars payable to Cypress College. We accept cash, US checks, and money orders.
- F-1 Student Concurrent Enrollment Agreement completed by student and P/DSO (or authorization letter from P/DSO)
- A copy of current valid I-20
F-2 non-immigrant visa holders may study at Cypress College for up to 11 units maximum (part-time).
Required documents: All application materials must be submitted to the Cypress College International Students Program Office in person.