Admissions and Program Eligibility
Application & Admission Deadlines
Initial Attendance — New F-1 Visa Students from Outside the US
The following items and documents must be submitted: Upon acceptance, we will send you an acceptance letter and a Form I-20 which you will need to apply for an F-1 Student Visa in your home country.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $40 (cash, personal check in U.S. dollars, U.S. bank money order, or go to cypressapplicationfee.flywire.com for online payment). Applications will be processed after the application fee has been paid.
- Please complete the online International Student Application. Go to https://cypresscollege.edu, click on Apply Now, click on International Students link. You will be asked to upload the following items while completing your online application.
- Official secondary education (high school) transcripts in English OR GED certification if applicable
- Official transcripts in English from any colleges/universities attended
- Financial Statement and/or Bank Certification (must be less than 6 months old).
- Copy of valid passport required for new students applying from overseas
- English Proficiency must be demonstrated by fulfilling one of the following:
- Applicants under 18 must also complete the Cypress College Consent to Treat Minor Patient form
Transfer Admissions — Transfer F-1 Visa Students from Other US Institutions
Submit ALL of the above, plus the following items:
- Copy of your I-20 Form, Visa, I-94, and Passport.
Change of Status
Please contact the ISP Office at (714) 484-7049 to schedule an appointment with the Program Manager.
Part-time Admissions for F-1 Visa Students from other US Institutions
The following documents must be submitted to the Cypress College International Students Program Office:
- $20 non-refundable application processing fee in US dollars payable to Cypress College. We accept cash, US checks, and money orders.
- F-1 Student Concurrent Enrollment Agreement completed by student and P/DSO (or authorization letter from P/DSO)
- A copy of current valid I-20
- To apply as a F-2 student, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
F-2 non-immigrant visa holders may study at Cypress College for up to 11 units maximum (part-time).
Required documents: All application materials must be submitted to the Cypress College International Students Program Office.
- $20 non-refundable application processing fee in US dollars payable to Cypress College. We accept cash, US checks and money orders.
- F-2 International Student Application
- F-2 Status Verification Form
- Copy of I-20 form
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of F-2 visa
- Copy of Electronic I-94 form