The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program provides services to students who are receiving Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF). Staff are not employed by the Social Services Agency (SSA) but by the North Orange County Community College District as advocates of self-sufficiency through education.
Program Services include:
- Paid Work Study Opportunities
- Child Care
- Specialized Academic Counseling with a CalWORKs Counselor
- Ancillary Funds for Books and Supplies
- Completion of Social Services Agencies Educational Forms Pertaining to TANF Recipients
- Workshops and Seminars to Enhance Living Skills
- Networking Activities
- Communication Assistance with Social Services Agencies
How Do I Qualify for CalWORKs?
- Parent and Child Must be Receiving Cash Aid
- Provide Proof of Receiving Cash Aid ( Agency Verification Form)
EOPS will begin accepting applications on May 1 for the fall 2023 semester. To apply, please complete the application by clicking the button below.
For questions, please visit our Virtual Front Counter on Cranium Café, give us a call at (714) 484-7368, or drop by our office in the Cypress College Complex, Room 201, 2nd floor.
T: (714) 484-7237