The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program provides services to students who are receiving Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF). Staff are not employed by the Social Services Agency (SSA) but by the North Orange County Community College District as advocates of self-sufficiency through education.
Program Services include:
- Paid Work Study Opportunities
- Child Care
- Specialized Academic Counseling with a CalWORKs Counselor
- Ancillary Funds for Books and Supplies
- Completion of Social Services Agencies Educational Forms Pertaining to TANF Recipients
- Workshops and Seminars to Enhance Living Skills
- Networking Activities
- Communication Assistance with Social Services Agencies
How Do I Qualify for CalWORKs?
- Parent and Child Must be Receiving Cash Aid
- Provide Proof of Receiving Cash Aid ( Agency Verification Form)
T: (714) 484-7237