CSU Application Next Steps
To Apply to a CSU
- January: Send a transcript* to each school, except CSU Long Beach, when fall grades are posted and you have registered for spring classes.
- Go to myGateway and click on the student tab
- Scroll down to Student Links
- Click on Student Records
- Click on Request **Electronic**/Official Transcript (check to see if your university is listed. If not, go to Request Printed/Official Transcript to be mailed.) You can also View Status of Transcript Requests.
- Do not send transcripts to CSU Long Beach until they ask for them. CSULB will send an electronic supplemental application in January. Be very careful to complete it accurately as mistakes on this form are not a basis for appeal of admission denial. Submit by the due date.
- SDSU will send a supplement application to the student’s SDSU WebPortal account in January. Nursing majors and students with only international coursework are not required to complete it.
*Note: Students must send a transcript from each school attended long enough to get a grade on the transcript even if the courses were not transferable or no credit was earned. This includes Fullerton College.
- Apply for FAFSA between Oct 1 and Mar 2 at www.fafsa.gov.
- Students completing an AA-T or AS-T must apply for graduation in Cypress College Admissions and Records. See current Class schedule Important Dates for due date. (Students who will finish the AA-T or AS-T in summer should see come to the Transfer Center for a verification form).
- Admission decisions should be sent by May 1. Students who are wait listed should accept an offer from another school.
- Intent to enroll and enrollment deposit due by June 1.
- Final transcripts are due by July 15.