What are Articulation Agreements?

Articulation agreements are formal agreements between two campuses. They define how courses taken at one college or university campus can be used to satisfy a subject matter requirement at another college or university campus.

Does Cypress College have Articulation Agreements?

Yes. Cypress College has Articulation agreements with UC and CSU campuses, as well as with independent colleges and universities.


Visit for further information.

Private & Out-of-State Universities

See your Major or Transfer Counselor for private school articulation agreements.

  • Antioch University Los Angeles
  • Arizona State University
  • Azusa Pacific University
  • Brandman University
  • Concordia University
  • Loma Linda University
  • Point Loma Nazarene University
  • University of La Verne
  • University of Southern California
  • Woodbury University

What is ASSIST?

ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.

Can I use ASSIST instead of meeting with a counselor?

No. ASSIST does not take the place of meeting with an academic counselor. It is intended to help you and your counselor work together to establish an appropriate path toward transferring from Cypress College.

What is the Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID)?

The Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID) is a statewide numbering system independent from the course numbers assigned by local California community colleges. A C-ID number next to a course signals that participating California colleges and universities have determined that courses offered by other California community colleges are comparable in content and scope to courses offered on their own campuses, regardless of their unique titles or local course number. Thus, if a schedule of classes or catalog lists a course bearing a C-ID number, for example COMM 110, students at that college can be assured that it will be accepted in lieu of a course bearing the C-ID COMM 110 designation at another community college. In other words, the C-ID designation can be used to identify comparable courses at different community colleges. However, students should always go to for specific information of course designations and to confirm how each college’s course will be accepted at a particular four-year college or university for transfer credit.

The C-ID numbering system is useful for students attending more than one community college and is applied to many of the transferable courses students need as preparation for transfer. Because these course requirements may change and because courses may be modified and qualified for or deleted from the C-ID database, students should always check with a counselor to determine how C-ID designated courses fit into their educational plans for transfer.

Contact Information

Articulation Officer/Counselor: Jacquelyn Rangel
Location: Student Center Building, 2nd floor, Office 226
T: (714) 484-7025

Student Services Technician/Articulation Specialist: Vacant