The Associated Students (AS) provide:
- Service opportunities outside the classroom
They are supervised and advised by the Student Activities Advisor, Dave Okawa.
The AS Council is comprised of:
- 11 executive board positions
- 15 senator positions
- 15 activities coordinator positions
Their offices are located in the Student Activities Center. Their business meetings and class meetings are conducted on Monday and Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. everyone week in the SAC Conference Room. Their business meetings are open to the public and you are welcome to attend. To view meeting agendas and minutes, please click here.
- Facilitate participation in the shared governance process on campus by their service on campus committees.
- Sponsor many events/activities on campus throughout the school year.
- Administer student-funded programs, ensuring that resources further the education and welfare of the students of Cypress College.
The source of funds for the Associated Students is:
- the AS benefit sticker
- interest in a Bank of America CD
- on campus ads on the phone/ATM machines
- a percentage of income from the student newspaper’s kiosks ads
- income derived from various fundraising ventures
Associated Student activities are closely related to the regular instructional program that addresses the educational, recreational and social needs of students. These activities include:
- Welcome Back Week
- Club Rush
- Blood Drives
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- World Fest
- Final Fuels
- and much more
Follow Associated Students on Social Media
Please visit the Student Activities Center for a list of our clubs and their meeting times.
100% Smoke-Free Campus Initiative Town Hall