Student Learning Outcomes Committee
Chair: Jennifer Coopman
Chair Contact: email@example.com
Meeting Dates: Mondays as needed
Meeting Time: 3–4:30 p.m.
Meeting Location: TBD
To advance the mission of Cypress College, the Student Learning Outcomes Committee assists, supports, and guides faculty as they develop, implement, and evaluate both CSLOs and PSLOs in an effort to improve teaching and student learning in courses, programs, certificates, and degrees.
- The Student Learning Outcomes Committee is a subcommittee of the Academic Senate and makes regular reports to the Academic Senate.
- The Student Learning Outcomes Committee provides SLO related recommendations to the Instructional Program Review Committee as needed.
- The Student Learning Outcomes Committee provides SLO related recommendations to the Curriculum Committee as needed.
- SLO Coordinator, Faculty
- Division Faculty Representatives (One per Division)
- An Institutional Research and Planning (IRP) Representative (resource member)
- An Instructional Dean Representative (resource member)
- An Adjunct Faculty Representative (resource member)
- Jennifer Coopman, SLO Coordinator
- Kristina Oganesian, Institutional Research & Planning Representative
- Colin Preston, Instructional Dean Representative
- Chrystal Johnson, Adjunct Faculty Representative
- Joe Trevino, SEM
- Kathleen Troy, Business/CIS
- Andrew Alhadeff, Kinesiology/Athletics
- Denise Vo, Counseling
- Vacant, Library
- Doug Sallade, CTE
- Virgil Adams, Social Science
- Diana Tira, Health Science
- Jill Bauer, Language Arts
- Maha Afra, Visual and Performing Arts
Terms of Membership
- The SLO Coordinator serves a three-year term.
- Division representatives serve three-year terms.
- The Instructional Research & Planning representative has no term limit.
- The Instructional Dean has no term limit.
- The Adjunct Faculty representative has no term limit.