Planning & Budget Committee
Chair: Alexander Porter
Chair Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Dates: 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month
Meeting Time: 1:30–3:30 p.m.
Meeting Location: CCCPLX-419
A.S. Representative: Monica Santana, Fiscal Affairs
The purpose of the Planning and Budget Committee (PBC) is to serve as the primary recommending body to the President’s Advisory Cabinet on general budget and planning issues for the campus and to convey to PAC the views of the campus community on matters relevant to both budget and planning for the College. All actions of PBC will be communicated to its constituencies in the form of full minutes. These minutes will reflect full discussion, including the intent of PBC.
The PBC is a college-wide committee with representation from all constituencies. This committee makes recommendations to PAC on a regular basis. Recommendations shall be approved by PAC prior to campus implementation. Senate represents the faculty on academic and professional matters as defined in Title 5 of the California Education Code on Strengthening Academic Senates. The United Faculty represents the faculty on wages, hours and working conditions, and on contractual matters. The California School Employees Association (CSEA) represents the classified staff on wages, hours, working conditions, and contractual matters. The District Management Association (DMA) represents Cypress College managers and their views regarding affected areas in deliberating and formulating decisions. Students are represented by the Associated Students and have rights as defined in Title 5. Regardless of these constituent organizational characterizations it is expected and essential that all committee members will endeavor to fully participate and contribute in every aspect of the committee’s business for the betterment of Cypress College and success of its students.
Composition of PBC Membership
In 1972, the original Budget Committee was established. In 1991, PAC voted to approve the formation of a separate committee for Campus Planning. In 1995, the two separate committees were combined into one committee now referred to as the Planning and Budget Committee. The members of PBC are the following:
- Vice President, Administrative Services – Chair
- Executive Vice President, Educational Programs and Student Services (President’s Appointment)
- Director, Institutional Research and Planning
- Academic Senate President
- Academic Senate Designee
- United Faculty Representative
- Two CSEA Representatives
- Two Associated Students Representatives
Resource Advisors (non-voting):
- Chair, Curriculum Committee
- Coordinator, Staff Development
- Dean, Counseling and Student Development
- Dean, Instructional Development
- Dean, Student Support Services
- Director, Academic Computing
- Executive Director, Foundation & Community Relations
- Manager, International Student Program
- Strategic Plan Direction Chairs
Resource Advisors are non-voting members who serve to provide expertise from their areas, as needed.