The Professional Development Committee is a college-wide committee with representation from all constituencies. The Professional Development Co-coordinators report the Committee’s plans and actions, including budget allocations, to the College President and the Academic Senate on a regular basis. Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month of the Fall and Spring Semesters when classes are in session.
Cypress College Professional Development collaborates closely with campus and District entities to provide integrated professional development activities, seminars, events, and training. To register for a workshop or event, use the District-wide Staff Development Registration Calendar available via myGateway.
- Log in to myGateway using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (Firefox may cause problems).
- Click on the “District-wide Staff Development Calendar” link on the right side of the screen.
- Choose the month the event is scheduled, then click on the event you want to register for.
- Follow the prompts to register.
- If the activity is part of an ongoing series, you must register for each individual session you plan to attend.
- To view the activities and events for which you have already registered and/or attended, click the “My Registrations” tab.
The Professional Development Committee is a shared governance committee. Since Fall 2016, the committee is chaired by Coordinators Michael Brydges and Ruth Gutierrez.
Members of the Professional Development Committee:
- Melisa Barrios – Classified,
- Terry Carpenter – Classified, Instruction Office
- Zola Aponte – Classified, Career Planning Cener
- Kathleen Pinckard – Faculty, Business
- Steve Estrada – Faculty, Ethnic Studies
- Jennie Larez – Faculty, Health Information Tech.
- Celeste Phelps – Management, DSS
- Dao Do – Management, Bursar
- Rebecca Gomez – Interim Dean of Health Science Division
- Associated Students – Vacant (In need)
- Ruth Gutierrez – Faculty, Professional Development Co-Coordinator
- Michael Brydges – Faculty, Professional Development Co-Coordinator